|Department:||Department of Corrections|
|Salary Range:||$31,930 annually|
|Campaign Start Date:||02/14/2017|
Specialized public safety work in escorting prisoners from one destination to another, maintaining order in court and seeing that witnesses are called promptly to the witness stand.
This position is supervised under the Department of Corrections
- Escort prisoners to and from courtrooms
- Transport prisoners to and from the Corrections Facility
- Transport prisoners from one destination to another to guard against escape
- Call defendants, complainants and witnesses before the judge
- Escort prisoners who have been convicted to the court cashier and verifies payment of fines before prisoners are released
- Provide protection and security to all court-related matters
- Keep records and makes reports
- Serve subpoenas, warrants and other legal process as needed
- Perform related work as required
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of court procedure as it relates to the calling of defendants, witnesses and complainants
- Knowledge of effective methods of guarding prisoners individually or in groups
- Ability to maintain order in courtrooms during the course of trials
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials as well as the general public
- Ability to perform work requiring good physical condition
- Ability to meet physical requirements established
- Must be a current, Florida State Certified Law Enforcement Officer
- Must not meet any disqualifiers as indicated in the application
Starting salary for this position is $31,930 annually.
Law Enforcement Officers that have a minimum of two years law enforcement work experience may be given experience pay addition. See our webpage at www.pcso.us for more information on additional incentive pay, benefits and more information.
THE PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS A DRUG FREE WORK PLACE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND VETERANS PREFERENCE EMPLOYER. WE PARTICIPATE IN THE E-VERIFY EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION SYSTEM.
-AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT NOTICE- THE PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY IN THE ADMISSION OR ACCESS TO, OR TREATMENT OR EMPLOYMENT IN, IT'S PROGRAMS OR ACTIVITIES.